If only taking screenshots on your laptop was as easy as doing it on your phone! It can be rather challenging to take a screenshot on your ASUS laptop – especially a high-quality one.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to easily take screenshots on your laptop in a few easy steps.
We will also present a couple of different methods, so you can decide what works best for you.
Keep reading to learn everything about taking screenshots on your ASUS laptop.
Why do you need to screenshot on an ASUS laptop?
Table of Contents
In many situations, taking a screenshot is the easiest way to demonstrate something, keep notes, or make reminders for yourself.
Whether screenshots of your work or an important chat you want to back up, these can help you stay organized, get physical proof of your written agreements, and save valuable information.
Unfortunately, ASUS laptops do not have a specific screenshot feature that will create a screenshot in a split second as mobile devices do.
The good news is that you can grab a screenshot of your screen in a few easy steps by mastering one of the methods we’re about to present.
How to screenshot on an ASUS laptop
Taking a screen capture on your ASUS laptop isn’t something you can do by pressing a single button, but it is certainly not the most complicated task that will take up much of your time.
Here are some of the quickest and best methods of making a screen capture on your ASUS laptop in the best quality possible.
- Press the PrtSc button on your ASUS laptop keyboard, usually located in the top row of the keyboard.
- Pressing this button will create a snapshot of your screen, which will be saved to the clipboard.
- However, the screenshot cannot be saved as an image this way. You’ll have to launch an image editing program of your choice to save the image.
- Open the image editing program, then press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard.
- Once you’ve pasted the screenshot, save it as an image in the desired format.
Use the Windows + PrtSc key
- Press PrtSc and Windows keys on your keyboard, creating a screen capture.
- This way, the screen capture will be saved not only to your clipboard but also to the screenshots folder on your ASUS laptop.
- Launch an image editing program and press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard if you need to edit the screenshot or crop something out.
- Edit the screenshot if needed, then save it as an image in the preferred format.
- You can also use the print screen button with the Alt key to take a screenshot on your ASUS laptop.
- Keep in mind that this method will create a screenshot of the currently active window, not the entire screen.
- This is an excellent method of creating a screen capture on your ASUS laptop if you don’t want to edit the screenshot later and want to capture only the active window.
- Launch the image editing program of your choice, then press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard.
- Save the image in the desired format.
Use the Snipping Tool
- The Snipping Tool is already available on your ASUS laptop, and you can find it by pressing the Windows key, then typing snip into the search box that appears.
- Click on the Snipping Tool, then navigate to the window you want to capture with this screenshot tool.
- Open the Mode dropdown menu to select the desired capture mode.
- You should see a New button on the top left of the Snipping Tool. Click on this button, then position the box around the specific screen area you want to screenshot.
- Once you’ve dragged the box over the area, release the mouse, and the screenshot should be captured.
- The Snipping Tool also offers image editing options, such as text and highlights. Edit the image if needed, then hit Save to save your screenshot to the chosen folder.
Use Windows Snip & Sketch
- Go to the search bar in the bottom left corner of the taskbar, then type in snip and hit enter.
- Locate Snip & Sketch and click on it to launch it. Select the preferred mode, whether it be Window Snip, Fullscreen Snip, Rectangular Snip, or Freeform, depending on what kind of screen capture you need.
- Click on the New button to start a make screen capture, and it should appear in the mode you previously selected.
- The Snip & Sketch screenshot tool allows you to take a screenshot of your screen and edit it in the same window without having to use an image editing program.
- Edit the screenshot as needed by cropping it, adding text, or writing on it manually.
- Save the screenshot to the desired directory.
Use the Steps Recorder
- Press the Windows key and type in steps to search for the Steps Recorder in your Windows OS.
- Click on the Steps Recorder in the search results to launch it.
- Click on Start Record, which will start the recording process. You can simply press the mouse button during the recording to create a custom screenshot.
- Every mouse click will capture a new screenshot, and you can make as many screen captures as you’d like.
- Click on the Stop Recording option to end the recording once you’re satisfied with your screenshots.
- A new window should show up, where you should be able to see all the screenshots you’ve made during the recording.
- If you’re not satisfied with the results, you can repeat the process or edit the screenshots in an editing program on your ASUS laptop.