It’s no wonder you can no longer imagine your life without a pair of Apple AirPods. These wireless devices are incredibly convenient and easy to use, and you don’t have to worry about the wire getting all tangled up.
However, you may wonder if connecting them to a device other than your iPhone is possible. No need to worry – you can easily pair your AirPods with any device that offers a Bluetooth connection.
If you’d like to learn how to pair your AirPods with an HP laptop via Bluetooth, you’ve come to the right place.
Why do you need to connect AirPods to an HP laptop?
Table of Contents
If you don’t want to invest in a pair of headphones specifically for your laptop and enjoy your AirPods too much to even think about replacing them, it is pretty easy to connect the two devices.
As opposed to wired headphones, there are no wires or cables, which gives you an overall sense of comfort.
Also, many users find the Bluetooth connection much more reliable than the cable connection. When you think about it, even the slightest defect or knot in the headphones cable could interfere with the sound transfer.
With your AirPods Pro or any other AirPods model, you don’t have to worry about your pet chewing on a cable and destroying a brand-new pair of wired headphones.
However, you will notice that pairing your AirPods with a Bluetooth device requires more work than connecting it to another Apple device.
However, once you get the hang of it, you will have no problem connecting your Windows computer to your Bluetooth headphones.
How to connect AirPods to HP laptop
Pairing your Bluetooth earbuds with your Windows laptop may not be as easy as connecting them to your mobile device, but it shouldn’t be too complicated as long as you follow all the steps described in the guide below.
Here’s the complete guide on establishing Bluetooth connectivity between these two devices.
- Locate the Action Center button on the Windows taskbar and click on it, or launch it by pressing the Windows key and A simultaneously.
- Find the Bluetooth icon in this menu and right-click on it.
- Select Go To Settings.
- Check if the Bluetooth toggle is off. Click on the toggle to turn it on if it was turned off.
- Now click the plus button next to the Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- Click Bluetooth in the menu that shows up.
- Open the AirPods case, then press and hold the button on the case.
- Once the light indicator on the AirPods case flashes white, release the button. The light indicator could be either on the front of the case or inside it.
- A list of discovered devices should show up, and you should select your AirPods. The display name may not be AirPods at first (they could be listed simply as headphones), but this will change once you set them up.
- Once the AirPods are connected to the laptop, click Done to complete the pairing process.
How to use AirPods with an HP laptop
Unfortunately, connecting your AirPods to an HP laptop isn’t the end of this process. You will also have to make a few adjustments on your HP laptop to use your Bluetooth headphones for media reproduction and video chats.
The AirPods may pair with your HP laptop when you open the AirPods case. However, this is usually not the case; you must pair them manually.
- Take the headphones out of their case. If the laptop changes the audio outputs right away and your AirPods function normally, you don’t have to go through the following steps.
- Click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the Windows taskbar, then open the dropdown menu.
- Select Headphones (AirPods Stereo) and check if your AirPods are now connected.
Will my AirPods work with any laptop?
The main requirement for connecting your AirPods to a particular laptop is that the laptop in question supports connecting to an audio input/output device via Bluetooth.
However, even if your particular laptop model doesn’t have this option, you can always purchase a Bluetooth dongle and add it to your laptop to establish a Bluetooth connection.
All newer models of HP laptops have Bluetooth, so you don’t need to worry about being able to connect your AirPods.
Why are my AirPods not connecting to my HP laptop?
The main reason why the connection between your AirPods and your HP laptop hasn’t been established is that the Bluetooth on your laptop is disabled.
You can fix this by turning off Bluetooth, then turning it on again with the AirPods in the case. Now remove the AirPods from the case and see if they connect to your laptop.
It is also necessary to keep the Bluetooth drivers on your HP laptop up to date. In case they’re outdated, this may be why you cannot use your Apple AirPods.
If the white light on your AirPods case isn’t flashing white as you’re trying to pair the two devices, this means that they are not in pairing mode, and the laptop won’t be able to recognize them.
Remember that you have to go through the pairing process described in the guide above, then select the AirPods as the audio output device by opening the speaker icon menu.
If this step doesn’t work, you can launch the Sound Control Panel on your laptop. Go to Windows Start Menu, then select PC Settings.
From there, navigate to System, then Sound, and finally Sound control panel. In this panel, you should change the default audio device to Headphones (AirPods Pro Stereo) to be able to use your Apple AirPods with your HP laptop.