When it comes to casting or streaming content from your smartphones to your television sets, Chromecast is one of the most popular gadgets on the market.
Even though we believe this is one of the greatest products available, several of our readers have complained that their Chromecast is blinking orange.
We scoured the internet for all available information on the issue and prepared a list of possible answers that may assist you in resolving your dilemma.
So, let’s find out why your Chromecast is flashing orange and what you can do to fix it.
Why is my Chromecast flashing orange?
This HDMI device, which connects to your television, allows you to showcase content from your Android and iOS devices onto the screen and share it with others.
It is usually very functional and simple to use; however, it is possible that the Chromecast orange light starts flashing and that you will have a black TV screen as a result of this.
This type of indication is present in all generations of Chromecast devices. The Chromecast solid orange light may simply indicate that an update is available, but if the problem persists, it may indicate one of the following:
- Bad connection to the HDMI port – While HDMI ports are one of the best connections if you want to display high-quality videos on your screen or television, they can be difficult to use and can cause problems. It does happen from time to time that these ports stop working due to the presence of dust or debris in the small gaps or because the devices have been installed incorrectly.
- Bad power supply – Strangely enough, the power supply on these devices is frequently responsible for the majority of the issues they encounter. The problem may be with the cable, which can become damaged or bent, but it is also possible that the problem is with the USB port or the power supply outlet.
- Malfunctioning device – Even the best devices, such as the Chromecast, can occasionally fail to function properly. Although this device is considered to be relatively simple and self-maintaining, it is susceptible to damage and malfunction.
No matter the root cause of the problem, the most important thing to remember is that we are looking for the white light that indicates that a stable connection has been established between the two devices.
What are the LED light colors on Chromecast?
Before we proceed on how to fix this problem, it would be a good idea to become acquainted with the lights on this device. This makes it easier for us to figure out what the problem is at any given time.
Chromecast includes LED lights on the device that can change colors, and the colors can be specified are as follows:
- Solid white – If it is illuminated in solid white if the device has been correctly connected and all functions are operating correctly.
- Blinking white light – A blinking white light indicates that the device has been connected but has not yet been configured.
- Pulsing orange – This can signal that an update is being downloaded, but it can also suggest a variety of other issues with the device.
How to fix Chromecast blinking orange?
When the LED light indicator on the device is not completely white, you may be having difficulties connecting to it and casting anything from your phone to the device. As a response, we have a few ideas that will assist you in resolving this issue as quickly as possible.
1. Give it some time
It has already been suggested that the orange light might be an indicator that an update is currently being downloaded.
It’s crucial to note that the device will require some time to establish new connections and function correctly and that you should avoid unplugging or restarting the device during this period.
The best course of action is to give it some time. It shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes to do this task. Nonetheless, if the problem persists and your television is left with a black screen, there are a few things you may do to fix the situation.
2. Restart the device
Chromecast, like any other piece of equipment, can develop bugs and eventually cease to function.
When dealing with difficulties, it’s best to deal with them one at a time in order to prevent any complications. In order to avoid this, we recommend that you just restart the device.
Because the Chromecast is powered by the USB cord that comes with it, all you have to do is disconnect it from the power supply and wait a few minutes for the problem to go away.
The gadget should lit up with a bright white light after it has been reconnected, allowing you to continue using it.
3. Change the HDMI port
If the Chromecast light flashing continues, it is possible that there is an issue with the connection between your TV and the Chromecast.
The gadget is linked to the TV using the HDMI port, which is located on the back of most televisions. Consider switching to a different port to see whether it improves performance.
If the problem was with the port, your Chromecast should be able to connect quickly and have a white light on the LED.
4. Check the USB port
Chromecast requires a power supply in order to function, and it receives this power from the USB connection that is connected to the device. This USB cable can be connected to your television or directly to a power source.
Believe it or not, the power source is the most common cause of the orange light on the gadget, but luckily, it is a simple problem to resolve.
You can try:
- A different USB port on the TV
- Connect it directly to a power outlet
- Use different adapters to connect the USB to the power supply.
5. Perform a factory reset
It is possible to restore the Chromecast device to its factory settings, which should resolve many connection difficulties. Keep in mind that a factory reset erases all information stored on the device, and that information cannot be recovered.
There are two methods for doing a factory reset:
- On the Google Home App – Locate the Chromecast device in the Google Home app and click on the Settings icon to the right of it. It is generally accompanied by a tiny gear symbol. After that, go to the top right corner of the screen and select “More,” and then from the drop-down menu, pick the “Factory reset” button.
- By pressing the button – The Chromecast devices feature a reset button that must be pressed while the gadget is connected to the television for it to work. Hold the button down until the flashing orange light changes to a solid white, and then let go of it.
No matter which approach you choose, the final effect will be the same, and you should be left with a fully functional Chromecast device after the process.
6. Change the device
If none of our ideas were successful in resolving the issue, it is possible that the gadget is damaged beyond repair and must be replaced. There is nothing further you can do to repair it because it is working on very simple programs and with only a few microchips.
F. A. Q.
Does Chromecast drain phone battery?
There is no evidence to support what many people think, and the reason for this is as follows: you are only establishing an initial input when you connect your phone to the Chromecast device so that the Chromecast device knows what you want to play and stream from the source.
This connection will have no effect on the battery life of your device.
Do I need Chromecast if I have a smart TV?
No, most smart TVs have applications accessible on them as well as a different connection method for connecting to your phone. Chromecast, on the other hand, can be used to improve the performance of the apps and make the connection to your phone easier.
Should Chromecast be unplugged when not in use?
Yes, it is advised that you unplug the item from the power source when you are not using it to avoid damaging it. It is preferable, however, to leave the HDMI port plugged in, as frequent disconnecting might cause damage to the port.
How do I connect my phone to Chromecast?
The process of connecting a phone to the Chromecast is quite simple.
Download the Google Home application and switch on your Bluetooth to get the job done! Using the app to connect to the device is simple after the app has been downloaded since it will be done for you most of the time automatically.
As you can see, the orange light on Chromecast may be a notification for a variety of reasons. Some of these are easier to repair than others. You now understand how to tackle the problem and analyze the issue accordingly.